- Same-Sex Marriage: A Test of our Democracy
- Breastfeeding: What Influences a Women’s Choice
- Let’s Talk About Sex
- An Experience of Moving Beyond the Sexes
- Democratizing LGBTQ Communities Through New Media
- Bringing Feminism to Science
- Housework: Who’s Doing More?
- Politics & Women’s Health
- Have Women Become the New Trick in ‘Trick or Treat’?
- How America Has Capitalized on the Concept of Obesity
- Health: From the Inside-Out
- Reality TV & The Transformation of Identity of the Self
- Virginity: Going Going Gone!
- Is Health a New Way to Talk About Morality?
- My Experience of Empathetic Witnessing
- Hi! My name is (huh?)….My name is (wha?)…Not BABY!
- I Support the (Lusty) Ladies
- Doubting the Democratizing Potential of the Internet
- Not All of Us Live in Public
- “Public” Breastfeeding
- Finding Feminism in DNA Analysis
- Compulsory Heterosexuality in Contemporary Times
- Global Disembodiment
- Strength in Diversity
- Personal Introduction…
Tag Cloudactivism advertising Alondra Nelson American society beauty biopower bitch Body and Soul breastfeeding choice compulsory cyberfeminism cyberspace disembodiment DNA egalitarianism embodiment empathetic witnessing empowerment entertainment Facebook fat feminism feminist discourse gender genetic testing Global North Global South governmentality Halloween health health care heterosexual romance hierarchy homosexuality human rights iHollaback! illness illness narrative imperialism inequality Iran lactivist La Leche League lesbian experience makeover television medical world morality new media obesity patriarchal terrorism pintrest.com public surveillance public vs private reality TV reproductive rights self-esteem sexualization social action social media social networking society street harrassment surveillance The Biggest Loser transgender union virginity WAM! War on Obesity We Live in Public WLS women's health Women's Health Movement YouTube
Tag Archives: human rights
Women’s health has been a strong political focus recently leading up to the Presidential election. The first Presidential debate, in fact, included such discussion. Obama, although known to support women’s health rights, accused Planned Parenthood of violating women’s health law … Continue reading