- Same-Sex Marriage: A Test of our Democracy
- Breastfeeding: What Influences a Women’s Choice
- Let’s Talk About Sex
- An Experience of Moving Beyond the Sexes
- Democratizing LGBTQ Communities Through New Media
- Bringing Feminism to Science
- Housework: Who’s Doing More?
- Politics & Women’s Health
- Have Women Become the New Trick in ‘Trick or Treat’?
- How America Has Capitalized on the Concept of Obesity
- Health: From the Inside-Out
- Reality TV & The Transformation of Identity of the Self
- Virginity: Going Going Gone!
- Is Health a New Way to Talk About Morality?
- My Experience of Empathetic Witnessing
- Hi! My name is (huh?)….My name is (wha?)…Not BABY!
- I Support the (Lusty) Ladies
- Doubting the Democratizing Potential of the Internet
- Not All of Us Live in Public
- “Public” Breastfeeding
- Finding Feminism in DNA Analysis
- Compulsory Heterosexuality in Contemporary Times
- Global Disembodiment
- Strength in Diversity
- Personal Introduction…
Tag Cloudactivism advertising Alondra Nelson American society beauty biopower bitch Body and Soul breastfeeding choice compulsory cyberfeminism cyberspace disembodiment DNA egalitarianism embodiment empathetic witnessing empowerment entertainment Facebook fat feminism feminist discourse gender genetic testing Global North Global South governmentality Halloween health health care heterosexual romance hierarchy homosexuality human rights iHollaback! illness illness narrative imperialism inequality Iran lactivist La Leche League lesbian experience makeover television medical world morality new media obesity patriarchal terrorism pintrest.com public surveillance public vs private reality TV reproductive rights self-esteem sexualization social action social media social networking society street harrassment surveillance The Biggest Loser transgender union virginity WAM! War on Obesity We Live in Public WLS women's health Women's Health Movement YouTube
Author Archives: tessaliz
“Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” — Ancient American Indian … Continue reading
As the Supreme Court takes on two major cases regarding the constitutionality of laws against same-sex marriage, a number of people have been lined up outside for days to witness what is a potentially historical moment for the United States. … Continue reading
Despite both state and national breastfeeding policies that protect a mother’s right to breastfeed in public spaces, many women still feel inhibited to exercise their right. Knowing that breastfeeding is the healthiest option for both mother and baby, initiatives are … Continue reading
Just a few years ago in Lubbock, Texas, Shelby Knox was beginning her early years of activism, fighting for sex-positive education and women’s rights. Knox’s documentary follows her as she struggles with the ultra-religious community around her preaching abstinence in … Continue reading
Robert Ead, a 52 year-old MTF transgender living a quiet life in the country-side of Georgia, was betrayed by more than just society. Robert describes his experience with ovarian cancer as a “supreme irony”, his experience with giving birth as … Continue reading